Active Kids voucher
Reference "Service NSW"
Apply for an Active Kids voucher
The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the Active Kids program.
The Active Kids program provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
From 1 July 2019, parents, guardians and carers can apply for the second $100 Active Kids voucher.
Voucher 1 is valid January to December and Voucher 2 is valid July to December.
To use the voucher, find a registered activity provider and present your voucher when you sign up.
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW)
- a current Medicare card holder.
You can apply for a voucher for each eligible student.
You can use the voucher for registration, participation or membership costs with an approved Active Kids provider.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW account
- your child's Medicare card details
- your child's height and weight (optional).
Note: If you have not already verified your MyServiceNSW account, you'll need 2 proof of identity documents in addition to the above.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in to your account, or sign up for a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the voucher.
Note: If you're applying for a child's second voucher, select 'Apply for Active Kids Voucher 2' on the Services tab.
To use the voucher:
- Choose the eligible provider where you'll use the voucher.
- At registration or payment time, provide the following information through the provider's preferred process:
- child's full name
- child's date of birth
- Active Kids voucher number.
A voucher can only be used:
- once (if the fees for your chosen activity are less than $100, the remaining balance is forfeited and can't be used)
- during the calendar year it's issued
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with an approved Active Kids provider.
A voucher can't be:
- split between more than one provider or registration (which means if you don't use the full $100 any remaining amount will not be used)
- used for individual items (like jerseys, socks or boots)
- used for the same activity within the same term as another Active Kids voucher
- redeemed for cash.
To use the voucher, give the details to your registered activity provider.