Opening Hours for Beresfield Swimming Centre
The Beresfield Swimming Centre will re-open on Monday 27 September with COVID-safe plans in place, based on advice received under the NSW Government Public Health Orders. You must live within the Newcastle LGA, or within 5km of the pool, to enter the Centre.
For the latest information, see the NSW Health COVID-19 website.
|27 September 2021 to 24 October 2021||Mon - Sun||6am - 6pm|
|25 October 2021 to 13 March 2022||Mon - Sun||6am - 7pm|
|14 March 2022 to 24 April 2022||Mon - Sun||6am - 6pm|
Beresfield Swimming Centre is Closed Christmas Day.
Supervision of children
- Children under the age of 10 years must be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 16 years. Lifeguards have the authority to remove unsupervised children from the water
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied into the Centre by a responsible parent or adult carer and supervised within arm’s reach at all times. If the child is in the water the parent must be in the water
- Children aged 5 - 10 years must be actively supervised by an adult or responsible carer over the age of 16 years inside the swimming centre at all times
- It is recommended that children aged 11 - 14 years are regularly checked on by an adult or responsible carer over the age of 16 years by physically going to where the children are in or around the water.
Beresfield Swimming Centre offers the following features:
- Heated 50m, learners and toddlers pool
- Spectator grandstand
- Playground equipment and grassed areas
- BBQs and shaded seating
- Heated showers
- Kiosk and
- Off-street and accessible parking.
- Accessible toilet/change room
- Change table (no hoist)
- Steps with handrail into the pool (not a ladder).
Please note: Beresfield Swimming Centre is a smoke free area.