Joy of Water Swim School Philosophy
Our aim is to make water activities safe and fun for all ages and abilities.
We hope our programs assist in giving our clients the necessary skills that will allow them to enjoy and safely explore all water environments.
We pride ourselves on delivering lessons that cater for individuals and groups.
Our teachers continue to learn and develop their skills and develop strong relationships with our clients so they can engage and get the best from them.
Booking your lesson
Once JOW team open for the upcoming season, expression of interest and or initial assessments we will be published on our website and also marketed on our social pages.
Are you new to Joy of Water Swim School?
If yes please make contact by;
- Completing the following form;
Initial Assessment Term 4 2020
- A Joy of Water team member will contact to arrange to a time meet you and assess your child and what swimming level they are at, if they have no prior swimming knowledge we can assume they are an intro to water.
- We understand for some it maybe helpful to meet and greet no only for swim level but to see how a student copes etc so please raise any concerns or thoughts around this at the time.
- Or are you wanting to return/ re-enroll?
- Expression of interest to Re-Enroll Term 4 2020
We welcome you to express your interest in a spot, however we cannot guarantee a placement.
It will be a first in first served system, and our classes need to be as full as possible to maintain our viability.
We can put people on a wait list if things change we will contact you.
2. A Joy of Water team member will be contacting you to let you know the outcome of your inquiry and if you are being offered a position you will be given a link to confirm you would like to accept the position.
3. Please see details below about our fee schedule and terms of payment prior to booking as those who wish to enter into a payment plan need to be per-approved and process is outlined below and the payments will not be managed through the website.
Once your spot has been paid for, the Joy of Water Team will confirm recipient of your payment and you will be issued a calendar invite via with an email,which will outline exact particulars i.e. teacher allocated, time, dates etc
Fees and charges
Please see the current fee schedule for more detailed pricing.
On a mobile, or tablet the PDF below might not appear please download a copy here "2020 Term 4 - Schedule and Proposed Fees"
Pay through secure payment portal on the Joy of Water website;
- PayPal *
- Shop Pay *
- Mastercard *
- Visa *
Please note due to our Covid plan as well additional costs associated with processing cash we no longer accept cash payments
* Denotes these payment methods attract a payment processing fee.
Please note it is expected that fees are paid in full to secure your placement but we do have a few additional options below that can assist with this cost.
Joy of Water Swim school is an approved Active Kids provider-
So if you are going to use a voucher follow this guide;
- You will need to use the following Code at the checkout “ACTIVE-KIDS” this will apply a credit of $100
- You will only be able to use one voucher at a time so please process each child as a separate cart transaction.
- Joy of Water management acknowledges that at times Active Kids vouchers may not be be able to be processed as the term may not be long enough, 8 weeks is the minimum set by Service NSW guidelines.
All vouchers are manually processed on the Active Kids Website provider portal, which is not straight away usually allow 24 hours for this to be done.
Joy of Water Swim School can NOT process active kids vouchers at the time of booking, so there for a credit will be applied in principle but if there are any issues with processing the Active Kids Voucher you will be contacted.
- If the voucher is not valid, the Joy of Water team will discuss with you options on resolving this lack of payment. Most likely Joy of Water will to create an invoice for the $100 and you will be responsible to process a payment within 7 days, unless you have applied for a payment plan.
- If the gap fee is more that your budget may allow we welcome you to apply for a payment plan for either the full fee if not using a voucher or for the remainder, however ask you to apply for the payment plan before booking online as we will need to process manually.
- Vouchers must be presented at the rime of enrollment otherwise you will be liable for all the fee and we will not process after
Pay installments as pre-approved payment plan;
To assist your family's cash flow Joy of Water offer weekly or fortnightly payments.
You can choose to pay full fee or gap fee depending if you have a valid active kids voucher.
Use link here to apply;
Apply for Payment Plan
Failure to make agreed payments will result in account suspension, which will mean that your sessions will be suspended until such time that your account is paid in full.
Any debt collection fees and charges shall be at your expense and therefore shall be in addition to the outstanding amount.
Make-up Lesson Policy
Make up lessons will only be issued within the same term and for a select number of reasonable circumstances.
Make-up lessons are NOT OFFERED unless one of the following conditions has been meet.
- Joy of Water cancels an event with 2 hours notice before a class
- Bush fires
- Thunder storms
- Teacher is unwell or has an personal emergency
- If a class is cancelled whilst during the normal time of a session due to the above or other events Joy of Water have no control over we will not be offering any make up opportunities as we have had to pay for our team and resources during this duration.
- In week 5 to 6 of term Joy of Water team will likely start to organize some opportunities for make up but we cannot guarantee times will be available to suit your needs.
Exceptions will not be made so we kindly ask that you adhere to the policy to avoid disappointment of refusal.
Make up lessons will only be issued under the following guidelines:
- Make-up lessons do not replace your normal class or reduce your next term fees
- Maximum of 2 make up sessions per student per term will be allocated if any where necessary, however if you can not attend any of these no credit or make up time will be issued.
Credits, Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Credits will only be issued under the following guidelines:
- Credits will only be considered for students who have incurred the following:
- Major illnesses / injury or hospitalization and intend to return within the term.
- Moving house or relocation with in an area where they can still feasibly continue to use Joy of Water services.
- A major family event i.e Death or illness/injury of main carer / parent of student but student intends to return
- However if affects participation in the current term, we will likely look to roll over to a new term of credit.
- To work out how much credit you can be allocated JOW team use a formula of how many weeks you have lost.
- No refund is warranted as the students position can not be filled with a replacement easily.
- Credits will not be granted for Change of mind, due to location and pool temperature or program suitability.
- Credits will not be granted for missed lessons, for any other reason aside from items outlined above and you have made a claim by filling out the absent form every time this occurs, as well providing a written request with a letter of support from your treating doctor. These applications must be received prior to the completion of the enrolled term.
- Credits will not be granted for holidays.
- Credits will not be applied for personal appointments.
- Credit – money will be credited to you to use for future swimming lessons and will remain on your file for the current calendar year.
Once a credit has been approved, a letter outlining the amount of credit in your account will be sent. All decisions on applications for credit are at the discretion of the Joy of Water management.
Refunds will only be issued when major life changing events occur and there can not be any way of offering make up/ credit opportunities.
- Refunds will only be considered for students who have incurred the following:
- Major illnesses/injury or hospitalization and intend to not return permanently.
- Moving house or relocation with in an area where they can NOT feasibly continue to use Joy of Water services.
- A major family event i.e Death or illness/injury of main carer / parent of student but student can NOT return
- To work out how much refund you eligible for JOW team use a formula of how many weeks you have lost + 1 week for processing your request.
Refunds will not be granted for Change of mind, due to location and pool temperature or program suitability.
Refunds will not be granted for missed lessons, for any other reason aside from items outlined above and you have made a claim by filling out the absent form every time this occurs, as well providing a written request with a letter of support from your treating doctor. These applications must be received prior to the completion of the enrolled term.
Refunds will not be granted for holidays.
Refunds will not be applied for personal appointments.
Refunds – money will be credited to you to use for future swimming lessons and will remain on your file for the current calendar year.
Once a Refunds has been approved, a letter outlining the amount of Refund in your account will be sent. All decisions on applications for Refunds are at the discretion of the Joy of Water management.